High Commissioner's Driver and Administrative Assistant
Annual salary NZ$55,344 – $59,904 plus KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary.
Do you enjoy driving, administrative work and value job variety? We are seeking applications from experienced drivers to join the Australian High Commission based in Wellington to be the official driver for our High Commissioner. This role is limited to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents of New Zealand, or those with current New Zealand work visas.
Your core duty is to drive the High Commissioner to meetings and events around Wellington both during the day and after hours. You will also drive other High Commission staff during the day to various work related appointments and provide driving assistance for official visitors of the High Commission.
In addition to the driving responsibilities you will be required to complete administrative and other duties which include:
- maintain the High Commission's motor vehicle fleet including servicing, fuel management and mileage sheets;
- co-ordinate travel arrangements and accommodation bookings including travel allowance and reconciliations for official staff travel;
- complete fuel excise refunds on behalf of the High Commission and staff;
- develop transport plans for official visits;
- manage and maintain stationery and office supplies;
- processing invoices;
- perform other duties and back up as required.
- experience as a driver or similar role is essential;
- excellent driving knowledge of the Wellington region;
- exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
- flexible team player willingness to assist others;
- demonstrate initiative and self-direction in managing conflicting deadlines and difficult situations;
- high standards of security and confidentiality; and
- experience using MS Office.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with some driving required outside normal hours. Due to the nature of this role, candidates who are flexible, adaptable and based locally in Wellington area are encouraged to apply. You must hold a full New Zealand driver's licence with a clean driving record. A driving test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
What we offer the successful candidate
- Annual salary NZ$55,344 – $59,904 plus KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
- Performance rewards
- Full time hours – 37.5 hours per week
- Complimentary use of staff gym, squash court and comprehensive leave entitlements
- A great team environment and the opportunity to develop skills and valuable experience.
How to Apply
Please visit our webpage at http://www.newzealand.highcommission.gov.au for the job description and information regarding application requirements.
Applications including a one-page pitch addressing the job capabilities, CV, proof of New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency of New Zealand, or a current New Zealand work visas plus a copy of your valid full New Zealand driver's licence is to be emailed to [email protected].
A merit list will be created and used for future vacancies.
Applications close NZT 10am Thursday 11 August 2022.