High Commissioner’s Driver and Administration Assistant
Salary NZ$46,020.31 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
Join the Australian High Commission based in Wellington to be the official driver for our High Commissioner.
Your core duty is to drive the High Commissioner to meetings and events around Wellington as well as other High Commission staff during the day to various work related appointments. You will also be required to provide driving assistance for official visitors of the High Commission.
In addition to the driving responsibilities you will be required to complete administrative and other duties which include:
- maintain the High Commission’s fleet including servicing, fuel management and mileage sheets;
- develop logistics plans for official visits;
- manage and maintain stationery and office supplies;
- complete fuel excise refunds on behalf of the High Commission and staff;
- co-ordinate travel arrangements and accommodation including travel allowances and reconciliations for official staff travel; and
- provide assistance to corporate team as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- experience as a driver or a similar role is highly desirable;
- excellent driving knowledge of the Wellington region;
- exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
- flexible team player willing to assist colleagues;
- demonstrate initiative and self-direction in managing conflicting deadlines and difficult situations;
- high standards of security and confidentiality; and
- experience using with MS Office.
This is a full time position but after hours and weekend will be routinely required. Due to the nature of this role, candidates who are flexible, adaptable and based locally in the Wellington area are encouraged to apply. You must hold a New Zealand driver’s licence with a clean driving record.
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
High Commissioner Driver & Administration Assistant
Australian High Commission, Wellington
Human Resources & Visits Manager
About the Agency/Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of DFAT is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient, safe and reliable driving and support services for the Head of Mission (HOM) and other High Commission staff. This will involve overtime and regular out of hours work.
- Maintaining the High Commission’s fleet of vehicles to ensure they are safe, roadworthy, and registered.
- Complete cleaning, fuel management and administration of vehicles including mileage sheets and financial reporting.
- Complete administration tasks including fuel excise refunds for the Australian High Commission and diplomatic staff based in Wellington.
- Provide input to HOM’s schedule and liaise closely with HOM Executive Assistant.
- Develop and complete transport and logistical plans for official visits or visitors.
- Develop and manage parking and vehicle management plans for High Commission functions in consultation with Public Affairs team.
- Oversee arrangement for travel and accommodation including processing of travel allowances and reconciliations for all staff.
- Manage and purchase stationery and office supplies for the High Commission.
- Ensure printer paper is completely stocked for all printers at the High Commission.
- Ensure all kitchens at the High Commission are stocked with cleaning products and supplies.
- Assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail.
- Utilise downtime during driving duties to assist and/or perform a range of regular and ad hoc administrative duties as directed.
- Provide assistance to Corporate team as required, primarily the Public Affairs and Property teams during their busy periods or during staff absences.
- Other duties as directed which can be advised at short notice and respond to in a timely manner.
Applications should consist of a one page pitch and CV of no more than 3 pages and a copy of your full NZ drivers licence by 4pm NZ time, Friday 26 October 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further application requirements, please click here.