Executive Assistant to High Commissioner & Deputy High Commissioner
Salary NZ $63,311 plus Kiwisaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
Due to the security requirements of the position, applications from dual New Zealand/Australian citizens, or Australian, British, United States or Canadian citizens can only be considered.
You must be a self-starting and motivated Executive Assistant who responds well in a dynamic workplace. You will need to demonstrate high quality executive assistant skills to support the Australian High Commissioner (HOM) and Deputy High Commissioner (DHOM) based in Wellington.
The role will suit a highly organised, calm and flexible team player who can manage different tasks and priorities and act with a high level of discretion.
- Arrange meetings with internal and external clients
- Manage calendar of appointments and diplomatic engagements
- Organise travel arrangements within New Zealand, Australia and Pacific Islands including domestic visit programs and related documentation
- Reconcile travel, representation and credit card expenditures
- On behalf of HOM and DHOM liaise with staff to co-ordinate coverage of key meetings and events
- Manage official dinners held at the HOM Residence including guest list and seating plan
- Liaise with HOM Residence House Manager to ensure the smooth running of official dinners
- Screen incoming correspondence and responding to requests promptly
- Draft internal and external correspondence as required
- Liaise with the HOM Driver to ensure external appointments requiring driving are confirmed in HOM’s daily program
- Online file and contacts database management.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have proven experience in similar Executive Assistant roles
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office and electronic applications
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
Hours are full time (37.5hrs per week) in a modern office in Thorndon with complimentary staff gym and squash court and comprehensive leave entitlements.
You will be required to handle confidential information and will be required to undergo a security and police check. Your ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance is essential.
To apply, please visit our webpage for the job description and information regarding application requirements. Applications including a one page pitch and CV of no more than 3 pages should be forwarded by Friday 26 April 2019, 4pm NZ time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include supporting documentation to satisfy the above security requirements.