Defence Administration Officer
(part-time 9am-2:30pm per day Monday-Friday)
Salary pro-rata NZ$52,106.65 + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
The Defence Section in the Australian High Commission co-ordinates Australian Defence engagements & activities within New Zealand, Cook Islands and Chile.
We seek a motivated person to join our small team where you will be the key administrative support person. Your core duties will include:
- providing administrative support including diary management, organising travel and visit programs for the Defence Adviser and Assistant Defence Adviser;
- management of the contacts database;
- updating the visits register;
- managing the Defence email in-box; and
- registering incoming and outgoing correspondence and filing documentation.
This role will require you to have initiative, maturity, be well organised and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude are essential qualities for this role, as are strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to work both independently and as part of a small team.
You may be required to handle confidential information and will be required to undergo a security and police check. Your ability to obtain a citizenship waiver to work in the secure area of the Commission is essential. Australian citizenship is an advantage.
OFFICE OF THE DEFENCE ADVISER
AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION WELLINGTON
LOCALLY ENGAGED STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION NUMBER: 10314
DESIGNATION: Defence Administration Officer Part-time (DAO)
SUPERVISOR: Defence Office Manager (DOM)
- Provide diary management and administrative support for the Defence Adviser (DA) and Assistant Defence Adviser (ADA).
- Travel booking for Defence office staff.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Defence sections records management system, including the registering of incoming and outgoing correspondence, filing and archiving of documentation and updating the Visits Register.
- Manage the Defence Wellington inbox (Outlook) and action or forward items as required including daily news distribution.
- Maintain the Defence section’s contact database for official guest lists, contacts and service providers. Ensure mailing labels for Australian Defence Force posted members are current, maintained & updated ensuring outgoing mail is posted to members.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate representational travel and event coordination for the DA and ADA. This includes booking travel, and creating and updating runsheets and programmes. This co-ordination excludes events CDSS, Anzac, Trans-Tasman, Melbourne Cup, Defence Reception, and Minister visits.
- Assist the DOM and DFO with administrative tasks as required.
Applications should consist of a CV and a covering letter and be forwarded by NZ time 5pm, Wednesday 26 July 2017 to email@example.com