(full-time maternity contract, 37.5 hours per week)
$52,106.65 per annum + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
The Australian High Commission is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified applicants for the above position.
This is a fixed term maternity contract position, starting as soon as possible and ending approximately mid-June 2018. The successful applicant would be welcome to apply for other roles that subsequently become available at the High Commission.
In this varied and hands-on role, you will:
- provide administrative support to Australian diplomats based in Wellington including diary management, arrangement of regional visit programs, contract database management and reconciliation of expenses;
- provide high level executive and administrative support as backup to the Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner;
- provide protocol services including managing official information notifications and diplomatic visas;
- liaise with NZ government agencies and private sector businesses to assist with Australian Ministerial visits to New Zealand in conjunction with the diplomats; and
- co-ordinate and administer the Australian High Commission Direct Aid Program.
The role will suit an organised, flexible and responsive team player who can manage priorities and take a positive approach in supporting the High Commission. You will be able to flourish in this medium sized, high profile environment and will show initiative and self-direction in delivering your work. You will manage relationships with local and Australian contacts and be comfortable communicating with people at all levels. You will sensitively handle confidential information and have very good attention to detail.
LOCALLY ENGAGED STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
DESIGNATION: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
SUPERVISOR: Second Secretary, Political
This position provides support for the effective operation and administration for the Australian High Commission. The key responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Australian diplomats based in Wellington including arranging meetings, arranging regional visit programs, managing a contacts database and reconciliation of expenses.
- Act as back up Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner and provide high level executive and administrative support.
- Provide protocol services including managing official information notifications and facilitating diplomatic visas.
- Assist with facilitation and organisation of high-level official visitors from Australia.
- Coordinate and administer the Direct Aid Program (DAP), including providing secretariat services to the Australian High Commission’s DAP committee and administration of the DAP grant process.
- Other duties as directed.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing a high quality client service.
- Proactive self-motivate approach to work.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to manage working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Applications should consist of a CV and a covering letter and be forwarded by NZ time 12pm, Friday 30 June 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org