Protocol and Visits Officer
$52,106.65 per annum + KiwiSaver employer contribution equivalent to 6% of salary
The Australian High Commission is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified applicants for the above position.
This is a 12 month maternity cover position, starting around early/mid June 2017. Hours are full time (37.5hrs per week) in a modern office in Thorndon.
In this varied and hands-on role, you will:
- provide administrative support to Australian diplomats based in Wellington including diary management and reconciliation of expenses;
- provide protocol services for the Australian High Commission;
- assist with facilitation and organisation of official visits and meetings including development of visit programs;
- coordinate and administer the Australian High Commission Direct Aid Program;
- provide high level executive and administrative support as backup to the Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner; and
- liaise with NZ government, business and academic contacts and assist with high level visits from Australia.
The role will suit an organised, flexible and responsive team player who can manage priorities and take a positive approach in supporting our core business. You will be able to flourish in this medium sized but high profile environment and will show initiative and self-direction in delivering your work. You will manage relationships with local and Australian contacts and be comfortable communicating with people at all levels. You will sensitively handle confidential information and have very good attention to detail.
Job description and selection criteria
LOCALLY ENGAGED STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
DESIGNATION: PROTOCOL AND VISITS OFFICER
SUPERVISOR: Second Secretary, Political
The Protocol and Visits Officer provides support in the effective operation and administration for the Australian High Commission. The key responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Australian diplomats based in Wellington including management of the contacts database, reconciliation of expenses and diary management.
- Provide protocol services for the Australian High Commission including liaising and providing information to the New Zealand Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Trade Protocol team.
- Includes management of the Third Person Note (TPN) database (incoming and outgoing TPNs – official information notifications).
- Completing applications for Australian Diplomatic Visa and airport transits.
- Assist with facilitation and organisation of official visits and meetings including development of visit programs.
- Assist other Embassies and Missions with applications for Diplomatic Visas.
- Coordinate and administer the Direct Aid Program (DAP), including providing secretariat services to the Australian High Commission’s DAP committee and administration of the DAP grant process.
- Act as back up Executive Assistant to the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner and provide high level executive and administrative support.
- Other duties as directed.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing a high quality client service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
Applications should consist of a CV and a covering letter and be forwarded by NZ time 5pm, Thursday 27 April 2017 to email@example.com